Norco for Migraines

I am 5 mos. prego and have been having excruciating migraines for months. I am up ALL night throwing up from the pain and cant even see straight 75% of my day. I am taking 3 a day. I have been to an accupuncturist, high risk OBGYN and even a neurologist and both my OB and high risk Dr. says it is fine for me to take them and it wont harm the baby. As long as I dont take them to close to the delivery date. I hate that I am taking these but I truly trust my doctor and know he would never put my baby in harms way. I just wanted to know if anyone else has known anyone else that has taken them while prego and if they had any problems with their baby.
This was my last option and if I didnt have a 1 1/2 year to take care of throughout the day, I could sleep my day through and be up all night with these horrible migraines. PLEASE NO JUDGING OR RUDE COMMENTS, this is hard enough as it is and I would appreicate just straight answers or people who have been through the same situations. Thanks....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your Dr. should know what's best, but Norco is a class 3 drug. I'm surprised he didn't put you on Motrin. I too have migranes and take 800mgs. motrin and with a cold wash cloth on my forehead seems to help alleviate the headache. I would just be concerned of the fact it is addictive and what you take, so does baby.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2011