What do you think about this situation?

Do you think it's wrong that my finance is on my check right now ( Ontario Disability). The major disability I have is my diagnosed anxiety has gotten the best of me. I let him on it so he could use it as financial support while finding a better job. He did have a job in the summer, but got laid off and the employer never called him back since. He has this dream of going to Winnipeg for university schooling. He wants to do something with online game making. I really believe he can do it. The thing is he has no money for it and not even sure he could get a loan for it. He wants us ( our daughter, me, and him) to move there soon. The thing is I don't know if I could transfer my ODSP to Winnipeg quickly enough, if I would have to do a new review or something, I'm working on my GED right now and don't wanna be working a full time job with minimum wage. It's required that I go to these school to do the GED everyday.

ChildGoddess

Asked by ChildGoddess at 11:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• I know in the U.S. that would be illegal but I do not know what Candas laws are. You need to follow YOUR own dreams, do what is best for you & your daughter NOT your boyfriend. Sounds like he took advantage of you.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 11:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• There is no reason in the world why your fiance can't work, at least until you get your GED and are better prepared to move. Frankly, it sounds like he is being lazy, and using his "dream" as an excuse to not be taking care of things financially now.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You need to take care of yourself and your daughter first. A grown-man should be able to fend for himself at least. If anything, he should be HELPING YOU. Open your eyes, look at the situation as if your are advising someone else, what's your advise?
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I agree with these gals! Sounds like 1) hes taking advantage of you 2) hes lazy and his "dreams" allow him to continue to do so 3) he does not seem concerned with the fact that you're trying to improve your life for YOUR child and 4) a real man isnt going to let his GF take care of him, but take care of her, especially if she is on disablity. I'm not meaning to be harsh, but I've been there, done that, with my ex husband, and I'm telling ya, I know the signs and they are pointing straight at your lazy, pitiful, pathetic BF. I hope you wake up and realize that you need to do what your dreams are, and do what's best for your child and you, not him!
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• no its not wrong
    pse07

Answer by pse07 at 12:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• So three of you are living on your disability? I would think he would want to better by his daughter such as work and go to school.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2011