Has the economy changed you

Even if its not directly effecting you, have you become an ultra penny pincher lately? I have, I'm even looking for the cheapest way to get through Christmas lol..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• By the grace of God it hasn't effected us directly but yes we are being very causious and putting more into our savings. I pray for those though who it has effected....and all the families who have to go through this esp at Christmas time.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• *sigh* crappy jobs
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• The thing about the crappy economy is it makes people want to earn more and willing to pay for the information as long as it isn't hundreds of dollars. I have made much more money since the economy started it's nose dive. I know how to make more money and I know where to find the information. People are very willing to pay the $37.00 for the information when I can prove to them that I am making hundreds of dollars a week, sometimes per day. Take a look: http://keeperbay.com/blog/archives/65
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have been shopping on Craigslist as well as the dollar store. YAY!! I also run my home business and just made enough income this month (not including my bonus) to buy my hubby a wii for his birthday. I also found a good grocery store That doesn't bag the groceries for you and you have to bring your own bags but I spend about $70 to $100 for 2 to 3 weeks of food :)
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 3:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It hasn't changed me much but since I wanted to sale my house and can't plan that in the next few years. I'm left with shifting to the possibility of just renting which means I will have to save up a down payment in order to move comfortably. That means budgeting for me.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 5:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Craigslist. I got a rainforest baby swing (retails at about $60) that was barely used for 20 bucks! It looked like it hadn't been touched!
    We also make a meal planner for when we grocery shop so we won't overspend by aisle shopping.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Most definitely! I have never been a penny pincher before in my life and like most people I've always liked the finer things in life...but what better time than now right? I've always been one to look at the glass half full and have been using our economy as the ultimate finance lesson for my 7-year-old daughter. She's becoming better and better at saving already! Its so natural to want things but why not just be happy with what you got: life+health+love. I do think that its true that this economy has a lot more people aspiring for greater things faced with the grueling conditions we are in. I think out of this will come a lot of good (I know it doesn't look like it). But I'm hopeful. I've been finding that even at the best of stores...they're dramatically slashing their prices. And yes, there is ALWAYS craigslist and consignment shops for you to browse. Hope you have a great holiday!
    bfabulous

Answer by bfabulous at 10:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have learned how to budget. I used to pretend I knew how to, but I was horrible at it. Now we have extra money to save up every month, and never run out of food. It's amazing!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 20, 2008