Does anyone work for the company Avaya Inc.?

I am considering applying for this job by a company called Avaya, but I'm unsure if it's one of those work from home and get rich fast schemes. I looked up their web page and it seems fine, but the emails I have been getting from the relations manager to apply have been sketchy. They want my bank information so they can pay me everyday that I do the training. Does anyone know anything about this company? Or does anyone on here work for this company and could tell me what they think???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• The company I work for uses an Avaya system so I know that it is a legitimate company but even for a potential employer I would never give out personal bank information via email. I'd say the company is legit but these emails that you are receiving probably are not. Have you actually spoken with anyone from the company regarding potential employment or has it all been via email?
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It's all been via email. They found my resume on Career Builder.
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of it. However I did work with a company where someone ask me for my personal information and i got the run around. I dont make a habit of telling anyone who it was because I dont believe it had anything to do with the company personally I believe it was the person I spoke with over the phone. I now work with another company which is paying me monthly based on my work efforts. I filled out an online enrollment form and all my personal info was hidden where nobody could see it, including the person who enrolled me. I would be careful with the email business.. Heres my website if you or anyone you know might be interested in a home business. This is not a get rich quick scheme or mlm. We are consumer direct marketing company. www.motivatedmoms.net/sarahnenzo
    amkatmomof2

Answer by amkatmomof2 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I checked them out and they look pretty legit to me. Go to their website and click on investor information for their public reports. Looks like they are actually doing really well. They trade in the NY stock exchange. I had to do the same thing to work as a contracted employee with Avon so they can send me direct deposits when I do certain jobs for them.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 6:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• What kind of work at home business is this? When I went to the website I didn't see anything about working from home. I would want to talk to a real person before I gave them my banking info.
    Roxanne
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2008