Any Mommys having trouble getting little one to transition from a crib to a bed? He's so attached to his crib. Help!

My son will not sleep anywhere else but his crib. How will I get him in a bed when the time comes?

Any tips on making it eaiser for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He is obviously not ready yet, there is nothing wrong with him sleeping in a crib, I know kids at 4 that are still in cribs and are doing fine. I was in a crib until I was 5 and I turned out just fine. My DD started climbing out of her crib at 26 mo and never wanted to get in ever again, so the transition wasnt too bad.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If you have the room for it set up both the crib and the bed in his room and let HIM choose which he'd rather sleep in. You don't say how old he is but he may still need the security of the bars. My son transitioned out of a crib at 2-3, mostly because he got too big. He's now 7 and sleeps just fine, if we can get him to put the books away at night. My daughter transitioned out at about the same time too, because she tried climbing out one too many times. She's now almost 4 and does fine in a bed too.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my son had no problem going from the crib to a big boy bed at about 18 months when my daughter was 3 months old. my daughter was about 18 months too when she started climbing out of her crib (my daughter is the feerless one of the 2). both did great with toddler beds from day one.
    chrisrmom

Answer by chrisrmom at 1:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2011