Is to wrong to ask for help from kid's stepdad?

Is it really wrong to ask my man to help out with my children. These children are not his by blood? I know I should learn to take care of them on my own in case one day something bad happens and I don't have him in my life anymore. What are your views?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I am a SM and I am the one to do most of the parenting for SK (no bio kids and we have full custody.) ...You DH should help out and try to be a father figure at least a little bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No its not wrong...when he married you he married a family...your kids are part of the deal. He might feell you shoud colledt from their bio father first though and hopefully you do.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Of Course- you are not wrong! It is Wrong of your husband not to want to help out with his Step Kids! You guys came in his life as a Package- He needs to Respect you & your kids as One- i hope things get better soon; i know how Hard it is to Blend a Family-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• yeah if you think it is right then go ahead do what is right for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You guys are a team! Of course you should ask for help!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• for me it depends if they view him as their dad... if their biological dad is in the picture then i'd say no cause the kids may not react well to him disciplining them. but if you're just asking him to be more involved with them instead of say stepping back and watching when the kids are around then that's something you'd have to make a judgement call on depending on how long he's been in their lives

lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If you marry a women with children, if feel a man must take on her children as his own.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Hhe married you as a group so yep I think its perfectly fine
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We have 9 children. My fiancee' has 4 step children, I have 3. They are all our children, so we both take care of all the kids. There's really no issues with it.
    luvmebrats9

Answer by luvmebrats9 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• He is your husband and he married you accepting your kids, yes he should help as you guys should parthners in raising the kids.
    Azita888

Answer by Azita888 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011