acai berry...ever heard of it

I was just wondering if any of you ladies have tried the acai berry diet. Im looking for something that will work, its so hard to work out with an infant (im sure you ladies understand) and i often find myself either not eating or bingeing on stuff thats bad because its fast and i can make it and eat real fast before my DD realizes ive left the room. Im at a total loss and dont know what else to try. I really want to get back to my pre-preg weight by my birthday in january and i only have like 15 lbs to go...any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I started using it 3wks ago but I'm taking less than recommended b/c I'm still nursing. I've also started eating salads at least once a day. A lot of fast food rest have decent grilled chicken salads. I make them at home. I premake enough in a bowl to last a few days. Instead of using dressing I'm using Balsamic Vinegar (not the dressing balsamic vinegerette, just the vinegar). Im' also slicing an apple and eat it with my salad, it helps to sweeten it a bit. I use romaine lettuce and baby spinach leaves, shredded carrots, a little shredded cheese, and either turkey pepperoni or grilled chicken. you can also change it up by using walnuts or pecans and grapes or craisins or raisins, use the same balsamic vinegar and apple also. and drink plenty plenty of water. I've only lost 5 pounds but I've noticed i've lost inches b/c my clothes and wedding rings is looser.
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 1:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• so im guessing you would recommend it then. i just hate getting stuff online, i feel like its a trap
    Anonymous

• Well, I know Acai berry from my brazillian friends but it was a soda drink. As far as i know the diet pills ad on the internet look like spam, I haven't met anyone that actually succeed with the acai berry diet...
    groovygirl593

Answer by groovygirl593 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I take a supplement, it's the berry ground into a powder that you mix with 2 ounces of water. if you want to check it out this is the site I get it from. I have noticed it gives me a lot of extra enrgy adn that's only taking half the recommended.

http://www.marketamerica.com/drwoods/index.cfm?action=shopping.wpGoShopProducts&prodID=2237
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 2:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my SIL sells MonaVie and it's supposed to have acai' in it also. I don't know if MonaVie is good for weight loss though. you could ask her. you can email me if you want her email address
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 2:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I wouldnt recommend it. You have to work on your lifestyle which includes plenty of good nutritious food, exercise, fresh air, sleep and sunlight to name a few. You are only as strong as your weakest link.

If you are unsure with diet - eat as much fruit as you desire before each meal and include a large green salad everyday..that is a start. Fruits and greens provide all of the essential nutrients your body needs.

If you need help with diet though you can always find diet programs to follow. This website has some reviews:

http://www.stripthatfatnow.com/DesperateToLoseTop3.html
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i just got my free trial of acai from the internet and im only on day two so i cant tell u much except it is about $90 to get a 31 day supply so it is an expensive diet
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 6:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I love it - but not by so many of the band wagon companies that promote it as a weightloss product - they are tarnishing its nutrient rich reputation. it is meant to be consumed in moderation because it is so nutrient rich - mixed with other berries is best - i drink the monavie blend, it is the original acai blend 100% nutrient rich form
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 9:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Not to be gross but a colon clensing works wonders to jump start your diet! A human can hold up to ten pounds of stuff in their colon, so eat lots of raw carrots, prunes, raisins, you can grab a bag or box to go! And you will feel like a new person when you get those toxins out of your system!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2008

• don't order online! it it's a huge scam!! they keep charging your credit/debit card and reaching the company is a bitch.
    blackcat1o2

Answer by blackcat1o2 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2008