How to encourage bf to plan dates for us?

I'm in need of help of getting my man to plan things with us. I'm fine with doing things together about a couple times a week. I'm busy with the kids and school. I dunno whether I should keep my conversation about this short/sweet or go into detail. I just want us to take turns picking activities to do with one another. This is something I came up with: "Hey, you know what would be fun on Monday (when kids are gone). If you took me out somewhere, it doesn't even have to cost money. I like it when we get out of the house.". I'm the type of person that needs to get out of the house at least once or twice a month with him. He's more of a home body and that is cool. I sometimes need life outside the house lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• If you get to know anything let me also know
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• just tell him be honest with him & say you want to go out & enjoy his company
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You definitely need to talk to him about it. My DH really doesn't like going out much where we live, because he thinks that it's dangerous in the big city (we live in a very good neighborhood in a city with relatively low crime, but horrible drivers). He's not a fan of public transportation because the drivers here are so bad, so busses and taxis are out, which only leaves trains and subways...which are always crowded, take longer, have to have routes planned, and basically too much work for him. At first he just wanted to watch TV shows together at home on the couch...which got old really quickly. So I just kept telling him over and over, "Do you want a happy wife? then you need to help me have some fun on the weekends. I need to get out of the house once in a while." Finally he got it, and now we just try not to travel on Saturdays. Good luck.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 6:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• In my case when I told DH that the lack of dates was affecting our sex life, (and it was) that seemed to get his attention. I don't think he fully understood until we had the best sex we'd had in years after having a nice time out.

I need to be romanced every while myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2011