Should the "morning after" pill go over the counter?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02/22/fda-considers-counter-status-morning-pill-girls-17/

Again, Tired. You no likey source? you use the google button.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't read your story but from working in a pharmacy it technically is. The only reason the pharmacy has it behind the counter is because the customer has to be carded in order to purchase it. At least 18 yrs of age. Also, it's expensive and would def. be easy to steal and maybe get into the hands of someone under age. Having it behind the pharmacy counter also allows customer to seek advise from the pharmacist if they would like. So I say no, it should stay behind the counter. Good question, anxious to hear what others think.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No.
    I have no string of explanation as to why I say no. I just simply say no.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 1:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I thought Plan B was over the counter. In the state of Texas, you have to be 17 or older to purchase it, but it does not require a prescription from a doctor. I agree with the Plan B pill being easily accessible. This world is already over populated enough.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• NO!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I agree with Kathy. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No.

Answer by gemgem at 7:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No, people need to learn some sexual responsibility and there would be less need for things like Plan B in the first place. Making it even more accessible is not the answer.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:23 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I agree with Kathy as well- OTC usually just means you do not need a doctors prescription for it and that is how it is currently being dispensed- as far as having it just on the shelf-probably not the best idea considering what it is capable of doing-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Except in the cases of rape or incest...why can't people just keep their pants up?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• NO! You want 11 yr olds who know nothing about anything to be able to get this drug? Really, it's doubtful an 11-12 yr old would know they were pregnant in time to take this pill. How would they know to use this drug anyway? Tweens should not be taught there is a pill they can take if they have unprotected sex. Also many kids that young are victims of rape or abuse from family members. That needs to be in the open not hidden because teh kid could make sure they would not get pregnant. I think a prescription should be mandatory. Really, I can't think of a reason good enough to make this OTC
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2011