School...if I had known it was going to be like this...

I would have never gone back to school. My husband bothers me every chance he gets to bother me about schoolwork/homework and keeps asking if it's done, how much more do I have, when is it due...blah blah blah.

My husband pulls straight A's in school and thinks everyone should, and everyone can. The only reason he can get those good of grades is because I'm here taking care of everything else, especially our children. He studies constantly...is away from our family all the time because of schoolwork. I don't get the luxury of leaving the house to do my schoolwork cause he's always gone doing his!....I'm here holding down meals, playing with the kids, putting the kids down, taking care of them.

It's SO ANNOYING that he won't just leave me alone with it. I don't even get started until all the kids go down for the night...then it's hitting the books. And there he is jumping on me if I get up from my books to fix food, to check facebook or CM (taking a break). UGH.
I told him "do you want me jumping down your throat about your work?"
He said: "I know what I need to do and get it done"
I said "I know what I need to do"
Then he went to bed.
I'm spent at the end of the day and he thinks I should be all for staying up til 1am doing my homework. I'm the first one to get up in the morning and I get the kids ready...not to mention the 6 hour range of time I do end up having to sleep....2 of those hours are up with my youngest, 7 month old.
I'm really just plain old tired. JUST LET ME BE!!! AAAHHHH!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I guess this was more of a vent ladies! lol Sorry! Does anyone else deal with this kinda BS???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I'm sorry that you are going through that. I went back to school when I was married and in my late 20s. Fortunately, my dh was really supportive. You should talk to him and explain that you need him to be more supportive. You do your studying the best way that works for you and live up to your own expectations, not his. Your educational experience is YOURS. Good Luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• just tell him how you feel & want him to be more supportive & just be honest with him im sorry your hubby is treating you like this i hope it all works out for you
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• How much more school do you both have left? Sheesh I can't imagine having 2 adults in school at the same time with kids. clapping

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I recently completed a very intensive nursing program with straight A's and here's how I got those grades. I started getting up very early, seven days a week and studying from 4:30-7:30 every morning. Nobody bothered me for anything! Sure, I had to make sure I got to bed by 10 at the very latest, but it worked!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ugh, I can't even imagine!! I'd probably put a pillow over his face while he slept at night...lmfao!
    I would just plain out tell him to back off. and tell him that MAYBE if you got the luxury of privacy and time WITHOUT ANY KIDS, you'd probably be able to do great in school too! and always have your homework done and have lots of time to study, etc.

I know how stressful school can be! I've had a baby my last 3 years of college! well...mostly for the last 2 1/2....lol, and it's HARD!!! I've had campus classes the last 2 1/2 years plus holding down a job and housework, laundry, meals...ugh!
    I feel for you!!
    hang in there! I'm sure I'da snapped a long time ago! lol
    HUGS!
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 8:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I don't know how you do it. I agree with Fistandantalus. lol I go to school full time. My fiancee' and I are both on unemployment, and he takes care of the kids while I go. Don't get me wrong, our relationship is a joint effort, there are doc appointments every day, and I take care of those, but when I need to study, I need to study, and he's truly there so I can. So yes, when he starts getting on you about your grades, tell him to stay home and take care of the kids so u can go study in peace, or atleast try to make a deal with him. Good luck!
    luvmebrats9

Answer by luvmebrats9 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2011