Nuva Ring and TTC question? adult content

Ok, I've been on the Nuva Ring birth control for 6.5 years, since my DD was 6 weeks old, and she was born 9/2004. Ive never had it come out, never had any side effects off of it, and only one pregnancy scare in that time period. Periods were always normal, and the best thing was I didn't EVER feel it once it was inserted each month! I loved the Nuva Ring. I've had baby fever for a few years now, but the timing just never seemed right. My DH has 2 DS's, who I adore, but we don't get to see them often, about 3 times in 4 years now. I have a DS and a DD, and I love them more than anything. Anyhow, long story short, my NR came out for the first time ever on V-Day!! I didn't realize it until 4 days later when AF came, 2.5 weeks early!! I checked, and sure enough, the NR was not in place. Yes, we'd had rough sex (a very good night...sorry TMI!! :P LOL ) but over the years, we've had rough sex before and it never came out! I found the NR beside the bed, almost under the bed, on the side of the wall in the bedroom. Well, after talking to DH, we decided to stop trying to NOT become prego. I'm very excited about this! I really would like another, and the NR coming out just seemed like a sign to me that it was time! Ok, after all of this explaining I can get to my question, huh? LOL I am still a little nervous, just because it's been years since I've been prego! But has anyone ever been on the NR and decided TTC? If so, how long did it take to concieve? Was there any complications? I'm only 26 (will be 27 in April), so I'm hoping that age isn't a factor. DH is healthy, only 30 (wont be 31 until June). Anyone have any advice to give on TTC? Anyone know of anything that might help it along? LOL last 2 times were....ummm unexpected surprises, so I didn't do anything special. I've already had a period, and it was normal, but it WAS 2.5 weeks early. Should I wait until the normal time for my period at the first of the month, or should I go by the one that happened last week, in the middle almost 3rd week of the month? Thanks all in advance for any info and any bumps!! :) Have a great and blessed day all!

sissy4444

Asked by sissy4444 at 1:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• First of congratulations on trying for another. The way I understand it is you go based off of the period that was 2.5 weeks early. When it fell out those hormones were no longer being released and so you had a regular period. Ovulation will most likely follow 2 weeks after and your 28 day cycle has now been shifted... However, it can take a month or two (possibly longer) to become regular again, especially after 6+ years of birth control. Honestly as far as advice goes, I've heard the first few months after going off birth control are the best to try and conceive... So I recommend getting an ovulation kit and enjoy being with your husband. :) Good luck.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2011