What do you think of this?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110222/ap_on_fe_st/us_odd_billboard_flap_jonestown_3

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Wth were they thinking, is all I can say... That was a very disgusting advertising gimmick, imo...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I don't really think about it because I drive by it every day. It's not just one billboard - they're all over around here. The election proved that there are millions of people out there who don't even get the "koolaid" reference (see all the people who thought it was some kind of abstract racial slur). Hacienda specializes in gimmicky ads like that and they change them out every few months. It's not the first time they've gotten attention for one, and won't be the last. In comparison to some others they've done, I'd say it's visually less graphic than some of the sight gags they've gone with. Even if they do end up taking it down, though, I'm sure whoever came up with that one is getting a bonus for the national media attention it hit - they only manage to be that offensive once every 3 or 4 years.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• frozen margaritas give me brainfreeze.
    when you order them on the rocks, you can drink more of them faster.
    no other thoughts thankyou......
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• For you, JJB! :o)

margarita time

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• frozen margaritas give me brainfreeze. when you order them on the rocks, you can drink more of them faster. no other thoughts thankyou...... Answer by jewjewbee

Not to mention that the ice melts slower so it doesn't get all watered down.  Yummmmmm.  As for the billboard, it's doing the job of getting attention.  Looky what we are talking about!  Job done.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Meh...the sign was a little insensitive maybe, but nothing to get all worked up over. Damn, people are so touchy these days!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Is it a Jim Jones reference, a tea party reference, an Obama reference or what-
    I find it clever if not a little off color but its advertising and it did what it was intended to do-grab your attention and get you talking-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I guess I just don't understand all the hoopla....don't people have more important things to worry about?

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Would be cute if it wasn't using such a horrible incident to compare it to.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I thought it was funny

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011