Laxatives while pregnant? adult content

I'm sorry I couldn't take it anymore. I took two of the four dosage on the box.. I tried enemas and they did nothing just made a very big mess. The doctor told me that my anti nausea meds could make me constipated.. but I didn't realize. I didn't want to bother them at this hour so I just took two and now am reading you aren't meant to. I feel better loads though, does anyone know WHY you aren't meant to. Did I pose a possible risk to my baby? Or is it just nutrients they are worried about.

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 3:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when I took a laxative a few days ago, and at first I was alright and went to bed. Woke up about 11am and my stomach was cramping soo bad,. and I couldn't leave the bathroom. This lasted all day. I think the reason why pregnant woman should use caution when they take these laxatives is because of the cramping I went thru, and was doing te deed several times in an hour. This can lead io dehydration, and this might be the reason why pregnant women are advised to not use this
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Dehydration is going to be your biggest problem. After that the physical stress of cramping. Next time try a glycerine suppository.  Increase your water and your fruit (raisins are great, not as strong as prunes but the same idea)

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I was so constipated I was crying.. it hurt to walk.. I hadn't gone since the 14th.. and that time I only went a little cause of the enemas, they didn't work very well. Maybe I got lucky cause I had no cramping.. and only have gone twice since then.
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Stool softeners are safer. Don't use the laxatives again without your doctors approval.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2011