Went to the doctor already 4 times what do i do please help

my daughter is 1 1/2 years old for almost 4 weeks shes hardly eatin anything and every week shes puked atleast once shes been laying around and still happy as can be till she starts puking shes not drinking that much fluids and now the doctors are saying shes ok we arent worried how can you not be worried you need to eat and keep it all down what can i do and what should i do i live in a small town you think i should take her to a bigger city doctor what do you think it is or do you think i should be worried im crying my eyes out right now

lovinsavanna

Asked by lovinsavanna at 4:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you done a pressure test to see if she's dehydrating? All you do is push down on her thumbnail for a second and let it go..If it turns back to pink quickly, she's hydrated enough but it it takes seconds to return to pink, she's dehydrated. I would take her to a different doctor in the city for a second opinion. Doctor's are only human and can & do make mistakes often.

Try not to worry and get her an appt made today.

Hope this helps...I be praying for you both.
    wifedoll

Answer by wifedoll at 5:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think u should take her to the city yes. My daughter was doing the same thing 15 and a half years ago. My mom suggested that I take her to the hospital and boy I am happy I did. She had her first heart surgery at the age of one and never had to do another. If I had waited she probably would have died. But please do not be scared it might be acid reflux also. Some kids can not digest the milk so the constantly throw up and wont eat. try changing her milk to soy or carnation good start. Let me know if I helped you out.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 6:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My son went through the same thing for quite a spell and it turned out after every allergy test known to man that he had acid reflux. Some doctors are reluctant to do anything for quite some time, but you should really be at that point after a month where the doctor should be taking some sort of action. There are some flus that linger, but 4 weeks is a long time so it might be nothing but I would concur that its time to see another doctor--if nothing else for peace of mind. In the meantime you might want to with hold food altogether for a day in case it is some sort of virus/bacteria to kick it out of the system . If she is vomiting up everything a day of apple juice and clear fluids won't hurt so long as she is hydrated. If her belly seems firmer than usual, she is peeing significantly less than usual or shows any new signs of distress I would report them to the doctor or bring her to the ER.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2011