Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Is there anything I can do to help my BFF stop over feeding her son?

I am concerned about the child health and the mother's health at that. She is an over eatter and comes very close to force feeding her child. I want to intervene but just do not know what to say, any help with my problem?


Asked by dubewife at 5:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

Level 17 (4,588 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I would say something to her. Gently, as a friend. Instead of telling her what you think, just ask if she's concerned about the baby eating too much and see what she says. Or tell her you were reading an article online about how it's better for babies to not over eat and ask what she thinks about it.

    Answer by SweetLuci at 11:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • can you contact the child's doctor? I imagine the doctor wouldn't be allowed to actively discuss the situation with you, but you can call the doctor and give them any information that you think they should have.

    there may not be much that can be done, but I applaud you for showing concern whenever the suspect a child is not being well cared for.

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • that is a hard one. No one wants to be told what to do. Maybe make a suggestion but i am not sure how to go about that one

    Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • Nope, I really don't think there is...

    Answer by Anna92464 at 6:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • I am pretty sure the Dr. is not going to discuss a patient with you. If you say something you are going to piss her off. You should just mind your own if you want to keep your friend

    Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2011