Is there anything I can do to help my BFF stop over feeding her son?

I am concerned about the child health and the mother's health at that. She is an over eatter and comes very close to force feeding her child. I want to intervene but just do not know what to say, any help with my problem?

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 5:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• I would say something to her. Gently, as a friend. Instead of telling her what you think, just ask if she's concerned about the baby eating too much and see what she says. Or tell her you were reading an article online about how it's better for babies to not over eat and ask what she thinks about it.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• can you contact the child's doctor? I imagine the doctor wouldn't be allowed to actively discuss the situation with you, but you can call the doctor and give them any information that you think they should have.

there may not be much that can be done, but I applaud you for showing concern whenever the suspect a child is not being well cared for.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• that is a hard one. No one wants to be told what to do. Maybe make a suggestion but i am not sure how to go about that one
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 6:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nope, I really don't think there is...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I am pretty sure the Dr. is not going to discuss a patient with you. If you say something you are going to piss her off. You should just mind your own if you want to keep your friend
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2011