Is it normal to be 19 weeks along and still have not felt your baby kick?

Mommytobe403

Asked by Mommytobe403 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yeah this is normal. If this is your first pregnancy than you wont kno what to expect ya kno..... Im twenty weeks pregnant with my first and thought here and there that i felt the baby move and just recently started DEF feeling the baby move....for me it feels like bubbles are popping in my lower stomach ha... might sound weird but i dont kno how to describe it. When you feel it you will know for sure. But dont get worried if you dont because honestly they say that you might not feel it until around 20 - 22 weeks so you have a ways to go... but you should deff feel it and when you do you will know.... let me know how it goes and hopefully this helped you.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yea, my doc said you don't really feel noticable kicks/movement until like 20wks
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes it's ok, I didn't feel mine until I was about 24 week. My doctor assured me it's ok not everyone feels them early.
    Anonymous

• Yep, mine was later than that too. Maybe 23 or 24 weeks I think.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I FELT MINE AROUND 14 WEEKS BUT STRONG KICKS HAPPENED AROUND 21 WEEKS. YOU MAY BE FEELING IT AND NOT EVEN NOTICING IT.
    YOU WILL FEEL STRONGER KICKS AND MOVEMENTS FROM NOW ON. I STARTED FEELING THE HICCUPS AROUND 28 WEEKS.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It is very normal, and it also can depend on whether you have an anterior placenta (the placenta is attached on the front of the uterus, totally normal but will shield the kicks from being felt). I felt mine both around 16 weeks, but they were VERY light, like popcorn popping. Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's baby or gas bubbles...LOL.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 2:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Perfectly normal, especially if this is your first pregnancy. Don't worry, pretty soon baby will be keeping you up all night, trying to bust his/her way out! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I didnt feel my baby kick until 25wks
    sarahbelle0521

Answer by sarahbelle0521 at 3:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i was 22 weeks before i noticed movement
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 10:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2008