Any thoughts on Sense and Sensibility (the book)?

I'm heading to a book club meeting this morning and wondered what other people thought. I found it more tiresome than Pride and Prejudice but it's nice to see everything work out in the end. :) My favourite movie adaptation is the one with Emma Thompson. Very well done, eliminating the more of the same characters and maintaining flow a little better than the book did.

Nonoluna

Asked by Nonoluna at 7:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• Hope your book club meeting went well.

I liked Pride and Prejudice better also. I agree, Emma Thompson did a wonderful job with that screenplay. She did well acting too, but that production would have been more authentic with younger actors. PBS did (yet) another version of several of Jane Austen's most popular books a few years ago, wherein they tried to keep closer to the ages of the characters and to the original story-lines. I enjoyed them all... I love Jane Austen. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 1:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011