Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice on what I should do. My husband doesn't want to be with me anymore and I need to get a job..

I got laid off from my last job over a month ago cause I'm bipolar, I also plan on suing the hell out of that company. Anyways yes I cheated on him and lied and I still haven't told him I did it. But he does know about it. We have been together on and off since I was 15 and I'm 21 now. Its hard to imagine him not being with me. But I don't have a job, I've applied over 50 places not including the countless resumes I've sent to people on craigslist. He really wants me out and I don't want to tell me family about it, its none of their business and I don't want to stay with them either. I want to get an apartment but without a job how can I do that. Plus to top it off I don't have any friends, at all. I feel ike I'm all alone. I've also started cutting again. I really hate myself.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • Wow, I really don't know what to say, but don't want to leave you hanging since your asking for help. All I can say is hang in there, don't give up and keep looking for a job. I don't know what cutting is but sounds like you shouldn't do it. Is there medicine that could help with being bi-polar?
    Be strong and good luck!

    Answer by Lornamay at 2:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

  • You need professional help. There's no other way around it and it's no need to sugar coat've begun cutting again and that's not a good sign...go get professional help and once you've cleared your mind, you can begin to pick yourself back up...I hope you hurry and get help for yourself.

    Answer by mom2mybabes at 2:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

  • Find a counselor so you can learn to take responsibility for your actions without cutting. Since you are on here you must have children and have to put them first. Your ex has every right to want you out and you may need to leave the kids with him so you can get your act together. They need a healthy mom who is not cutting and doing harmful and erratic things like cheating. You may have to go to places like Walmart and work a couple jobs to support yourself. You can do this for you and your kids. Make sure you stay on any meds there are clinics that can get you meds for low or no cost. You created the mess you are in the good thing is you can fix it and still have a great life for yourself. Things look bad now and they are but this is not the end just a new beginning. Take care of yourself and get help you need it so you can be the best you you can be.


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

  • You need to go back to your family for the time being. Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to because it's what's best for us and frankly, you have no other choice. Stop being immature and acting out. Own up to what you did to your own life & do something to change it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

  • I know a lot about those types of issues- however I dont want to make it public- so write me if you want to talk.

    Answer by Sandiii at 2:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

  • I agree with the above poster, you need professional help now. I don't know what cutting is, but if you have feelings of suicide you should call the suicide hotline right way. and then your doctor. Medication should help.

    Answer by Bmat at 2:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

  • look if you need a friend u can write .am young to and i been throught a lost of shit with my son father i was with him since i was 11year no sex at that age i had my son at 24 and that was the end of if u need a friend write me.....take it easy and be safe. keep in mind if he cant love will find some who will .i have 2 friends that are bipolar...

    Answer by nika3081 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.