SAHMs are the terrible twos making you want to go back to work?

I do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Nah - I remember work too well! lol I was a SAHM for 8 years, then had to work for 3, and am now a stay at home mom again. My kids are 13, 11, 9, 2, and 7 months. I remember how much I missed my kids everyday when I had to work (my ex and I divorced) and I don't want to go through that again, no matter how bad it gets on certain days. My worst day as a SAHM is better than my best day as a WOHM!

Answer by missanc at 9:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Wow how can you afford to stay home with 4 Kids??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Just remember that they will grow out of it. I've done it 3 times, though my oldest was the worst. He was a "terrible 2" from 9 months to 6.5! He had speech issues and would get so frustrated when he couldn't communicate what was going on in his brain. Now he is 13 and there are times when I wish he were 6 again.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• OP - I have 5 kids. My husband makes a good income and we budget.

Answer by missanc at 9:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have two kids one is turning 3 in a week and the other is going on 5monhts in 2 weeks. My 3 year old went through terrible two at 1 and half years old, and got worse as he got older. He is three and he goes through some naughty phases. I caught him using my cell phone, touching TV buttons and lost his cartoon channel on one TV, he hits now, he kicks, throws my clean laundry on the floor or back in the laundry shoot, throws his food on the floor, u name it he does it. But the problem all started when we found out that his mentality is like a year and half older than what he really is, so disciplining him is hard cuz we don't know if he should sit there for 4 mins or 3mins, or what kind of punishments to give him since he is only 3 but acts like 4. So physically his body does what a 3 year old does, but he understands what a 4 year old knows. So with him i say yes i want to go back to work, but i enjoy being a SHAM
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 9:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2011