Why doesn't my garbage disposal work?

It acted this way about a year ago and we called the service guy and when he came he turned on the switch and it worked I was like wth? Why did it not turn on for me but yet we still had to pay for him coming out...ugh!
Well it is doing the same thing again I turned it on but nothing :( I'd hate for this happen again when he comes.
Whatcan we do to check what is going on to the disposal thank you so much for your help ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• there is a reset button somewhere around on it you can try to push that first and if that doesnt work it and you get a sound like the motor is on but its not grinding it might be jommed and in that case there should have been an allen wrench that came with it or if you dont have it anymore its a larger allen wrench and there is a key hole for it on the bottom and you put it in and give it a couple twists and it should fix the problem.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Laura970 is right. You need the little Allen wrench. You can get one at Lowes or Home Depot for like $7. And you'll never have to pay that plumber again for a simple little fix!
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 9:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Make sure your circuit breaker didn't trip and that it's plugged in. Also look for a reset button. My husband googles instructions and has luck with checking forums on how to fix stuff.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2011