What might help?

Does anyone have any clue what can be done about retention issues in school (meaning retaining schoolwork facts, etc). This just started under 2 months ago. She doesn't retain current information in 3 subjects so studying isn't helping. I've even thought of having my 12 year old girl take fish oil as it is to be good for the brain. Help, please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have her go to somewhere like Sylvan for help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Tutoring and speak with her doctor. It may be the age, and therefore the hormones. I don't see where fish oil would hurt (unless there is an allergy issue.) But check in with her doctor.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Is she paying attention in class? Is she doing other things, such as listening to music, while studying? Sometimes you can make up little anagrams or a cute saying, like the one for the planets when I was in school: My Very Energetic Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pies- Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto(when Pluto was still a planet, lol).Little things like that helped lots of kids when I was going to school.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:17 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think you're a GREAT MOTHER.

Royal Jelly and oney are EXCELLENT Memory enhancers.

Intelligent children, or children with a lot of energy, tend to lose interest in what the teacher says,
    if the lesson is boring. Clever kids need mental stimulation all the time.

Please read the RUDY book or watch the Film. It's about a kid with dyslexia, but excellent Athletic performance.

Sometimes we restrict our children by seing the negative side :
    YOU CAN'T DO THIS, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS.
    IN REALITY, WE SHOULD TALK TO OUR KIDS AND FIND WAYS TO SUPPORT THEM AND ENHANCE THEIR SKILLS.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2011