Dr denying a blood test. Is that aloud?? (TMI)

I have a regular 28/14 cycle. And my AFis usually annoyingly heavy. On November 15th (the day I'm supposed to start AF) I began with very light pink spotting for 24 hours. Then it was brownish pink spotting. Now it's brown but only enough for a pantyliner. The brown discharge has some small brown clots in it aswell. Now day 5 of this odd bleeding. I tested twice yesterday and got BFN. I called my GYN for a blood test and they said NO! She said I havn't exactly missed my period yet so I have to wait another week before a blood test. What is considered a missed period? Could this be implantation? And can the Dr really refuse to blood test me??!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, your doc can refuse to order unnecessary medical tests. They are considering the pink and brown discharge as a period because it came when your period was due, and while it is not normal for you, those are normal colors for period discharge to be. And they are considering a blood test unnecessary because you just had a period. If you disagree with doc, you can't make them test you, all you can do is find a new doc. Good luck.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• The dr can refuse to blood test you if you havent missed your period yet.
    fire_girl7281

Answer by fire_girl7281 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• JUST TAKE A HOME PREGANCY TEST THE BLOOD TEST CAN BE REFUSED.
    I KNOW ITS FRUSTRATING.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 1:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes, they can. Blood tests don't always pick up on things right away either. Wait until the bleeding stops and test again!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008