Started seeds indoors, I dont have an outdoor garden....what should I do?

SO supports my wanting a garden, he's just given me the hint it's all up to me. I'm scatterbrained so I havent begun a thing. Well I planted some tomato seeds indoors and they are already sprouting and so cute! But once it is time to transplant them, I havent a clue what to do. Just transplant the seedlings to a bigger pot? or pots? Or should i get on it and start digging outside

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:19 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• A larger pot would be fine. You'll need one large pot per seedling. Or just plant them in the ground.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Well that really depends on what you want to do. You can get a large pot per seedling or you can just dig up a spot in the yard and add some fertilizer and plant them there. Around here our seedlings are not getting started for another month and the ground is still frozen so not even thinking about the garden yet :(
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ok so I can plant them all together in one big pot if that's the route I decide to go? thanks! I would like to plant them in the ground and add on as I go, but I've never done this before so I dont know where to start......advice?
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• oh sorry I read wrong......one big pot PER seedling lol
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Container gardening can be a very easy way to grow tomato plants. You can move them around to maximize sun exposure (or protect them from scorching heat); and bring them indoors when there's a threat of frost. Good luck.
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 1:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I also love container gardening. I had to keep my rose bushes in pots last year to ward off the deer.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• they are ok in containers? arent they like vines or is it only a certain species? I think I have some hanging baskets but no place to put them inside
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011