Should I pissed or am I wrong???

I am on my third child and 2nd husband (his first child) I want to take this class for hypno-birthing, OK i'll be honest I signed us up for it and paid already.... He is mad because he will have to miss out on 2 of his roller hockey games and threatened to quit the team if he has to go to the classes. WTH????? I don't know if that was just said out of reaction and immaturity or if he is for real. He does need to be in the hospital room helping me through labor and what good will he be if he misses 2 out of the 4 classes????? Was I wrong to sign us up and should I be mad that he is being a complete ass?!?!?!

PART 2: Now I did discuss this class that I wanted to take weeks ago but being a man he pushed it off and we never spoke of it again. The only reason I booked it was because it was the last day to sign up for my term. There are no other hypno birthing classes available while I would be pregnant and I wanted to try a new way of dealing with the pain. The point is, he procrastinated to answer me which is why i just went above him and did it. Im sad because he plays 2 hockey games a week and can't give up only 2 of those games for ONE month. I can't just have someone fill in for him because he needs to know how to help me through the pain

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 9:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Tell him having a child is a little more important than roller hockey. You can't rearrange your pregnancy for his hobbies. I think he is overreacting because he would rather be at hockey with his wolf pack than at a birthing class, but for what little role a man plays in the pregnancy he can suck it up and go.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have to admit that I'd be upset. He could easily miss those games, but you don't have the option of making labor and delivery convenient for HIM.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would be pissed off too! heck he thinks the game is more important than this!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 9:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• OMG I would freak if I went into labor and he has a hockey game! I really don't think he would be that extreme but I guess one never knows. ( I'm def going to ask him tonight lol)
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You do have a right to be pissed. Maybe you can compromise and he can miss one class.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• He's been playing on this team for 8 years, and there has been many things he has not been involved in because of a game. I really don't think it is too much to ask of him to miss a hole 2 games. There are only 4 classes for goodness sakes! ya know? :) UGH!!!! he gets under my skin lol
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• id be mad yeah cuz thats your guy's child but maybe you should of talked to him more and not back down if he tryed to ignore you. Thats what i have to do sometimes just sit down and be like look this is what we can do or not but i want your say in it. But my boyfriend told me last night he don't see the points in being a my doc apts that kinda hurt my feelings a bit so i know what your going threw if he don't go he don't go just fill him in i reckon but he should go knowing how important this is to you. But women have been doing this for years without a man always by there side just stay strong.
    39 weeks prego : )
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2011