Dr. denying blood test (TMI) also, PIOG.

I have a regular 28/14 cycle. And my AFis usually annoyingly heavy. On November 15th (the day I'm supposed to start AF) I began with very light pink spotting for 24 hours. Then it was brownish pink spotting. Now it's brown but only enough for a pantyliner. The brown discharge has some small brown clots in it aswell. Now day 5 of this odd bleeding. I tested twice yesterday and got BFN. I called my GYN for a blood test and they said NO! She said I havn't exactly missed my period yet so I have to wait another week before a blood test. What is considered a missed period? Could this be implantation? And can the Dr really refuse to blood test me??!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• didn't you already post this here? why post this twice?
    Anonymous

• I had a blood test done two weeks before my missed period. I don't believe they can deny you. You probably will have to pay for it tho. It does sound like implantation to me tho.
    Anonymous

• Yes they can deny it if they dont feel its medically necessary. I see ppl all the time on here saying "Go get a blood test". My dr. will NOT do a blood test w/out a good reason. Some insurance wont cover it if they think a pee test will suffice. I've been pregnant 7 times (lost one) & was only given a blood test once (after I had a postive pee test & began bleeding)
    Anonymous

• I am going through the same thing only i was (stopped taking it 2 days ago) on Yaz. The nurse at my doc said she thougth it was breakthrough bleeding and asked the dr who agreed and told me not to worry. And I have had 2 BFNs but it might be too early, so I don't know what to tell you. If you find out something plz post...
    Anonymous

• Go to another dr. if that one wont give you the test. I'm sure he isn't the only dr in town. It could even be a general practice dr doesn't have to be a gyn. Most of the quick care clinics can do it and give you the results rather quickly.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• so in the same spot as you my af was suppose to begin on the 11 of nov 2008 and no sigh exept this tan discharge sometimes when i wipe...dr did do blood today BFN crushed me but the said to give it another week then come back for other test....
    Anonymous

• You doctor can deny a blood test. Usually a urine test is enough to confirm pregnancy and blood tests are far more expensive. Blood tests are done to obtain quantitative results to confirm that a pregnancy is progressing correctly. If your doctor has denied your request for a blood test you can either find another doctor or wait a few more days. I doubt that your doctor is denying you because he/she doesn't like you. He/She just has more experience and knows that a blood test may not be necessary at this point.
    kd36

Answer by kd36 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2008