How Can i get a 3 year old boy out of pull up for nap time and in his underwear for it.

my son Haiden is potty trained other than nap and bed time. He only wears pull ups for that. I want him to take a nap with out going in his pull up anymore and just sleep in his underwear, I make him go before he lays down and he goes, but he still wakes up wet. Any suggestions, i am getting a plastic thing to put over his bed

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 9:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You are gonna have to just do it.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Get a plastic sheet at target or walmart to go under his regular sheet and put undies on him. He well eventually learn not to wet himself in bed. I don't know how or why they get it, I guess they learn the sensation and the results afterwards so they learn they don't like the results and no longer pee or wake up and go to the bathroom. I've been through it with 2 boys already and it works.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• When we were putty training our grandson, who lives with us, I made sure we were out of pull-ups one day. He said that was okay, and he never wore won again. We put on his favorite "big boy underwear," and that was the end of the pull-ups. Good luck!
    ElleninFL

Answer by ElleninFL at 10:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My son's last diaper time was overnight. We just stopped putting him in diapers. Sure, he wet the bed a couple times. Sure, we lost a little sleep getting up and cleaning him and his bed and changing the sheets a few times in the middle of the night, and sure I did more laundry, but it didn't take him long to stop having accidents once he could feel he was having them.
    ohbladi

Answer by ohbladi at 10:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nike: Just do it !
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Let him sleep naked. He will love that.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011