Kid friendly sushi

I want to make sushi and I want my kids to eat it too! I dont want them eating raw fish. What kind of kid friendly things can I stick in sushi? Any ideas?

jennsistrunk

Asked by jennsistrunk at 1:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Google recipes for California rolls. They are veggie sushi. They usually have things like cukes, carrots, celery wrapped up in the nori and rice.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My daughter loves sushi! of course we dont give her the raw sushi. Yea california rolls. And then there is one I cant remember the name of it but it hase coconut fried shrimp in it, its really good.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 2:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Try making SPAMushi.. I've seen it made on food network.. just rice, nori and fried spam.. Looks GOOOOD!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• California rolls are great, and most kids I know who've tried them enjoy them...but there is no celery or carrots involved in a California roll!! lol!!
    California rolls are crab (either real or imitation, depending on what you prefer), cucumber, and avocado, with rice and nori. Regular rolls are with the rice wrapped around the veggies and crab, and nori (toasted seaweed) wrapped around that. California Special Rolls (which I prefer), are the crab, cuke & avo wrapped in nori, then rice, with masago on top of the roll. Masago is flying fish roe, and can be found in Asian markets usually.
    Another easy one for kids is a cucumber roll, which is just as it sounds...cucumber, rice & nori.
    If your child likes shrimp you can make ebi...butterflied shrimp (cold) with sushi rice.
    If you need any recipes, let me know. I make sushi and sashimi at home quite a bit.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• sushi with cream cheese is good. cream cheese, cucumbers, and avocado!!! my little 2yrs old eats it!! also, if you can do tempura chips on the outside/inside, its good. cooked seafood like eel or shrimps. Also, i like the rolls with fruit in them. example: cream cheese, shimp, avedado, asparagus, and kiwi (or mango, or strawberry)

I LOOOOOOVE sushi!!!
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008