Strep B

I go to the doc tomorrow for my strep b test and to see if im dialating, does it hurt?

CherieByerly

Asked by CherieByerly at 9:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No it does not hurt.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No, it doesn't hurt. It's a swab test of your vagina and rectum.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• With the Strep B test, they swab 'down there' and it doesn't hurt. To check for dialation, they put a gloved finger in you which can be VERY uncomfortable.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• GBS: You can take the Q-tip o the bath room and wipe your self externally, doesn't hurt. Optional.

Pelvic exam: invasive, unnecessary, risky, many women find them to be a bit uncomfortable.

You may decline anything you don't want~ be sure you're aware of what it means when you hear either result for either test and the "significance."

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• does not hurt just lets them know if you will need antibiotics in labor, to keep from spreading to baby or if you have anther child. my oldest they did not do it and i guess i had it. the doctor told me if you have it you will every pregnancy not sure if that is true or not. but i have not had any more kids so i do not know
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No, it will be just fine !!!
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011