Why are

married guys with families seen as safer?

other people's kids and spouses aren't shy of a guy who'se married and has kids, yet if he's alone and they don't know him, they shy away from him. However if he has company (even a dog) then he's seen a "safe" or not as feared anyway.

Why is that? My DH brought it up during one of his walks and he mentioned how its difft when he walks alone vs. with one of us. Cops will actually slow down by him and people will not say hello when he's alone. But with me or the kids, its a difft ballgame.

Edit: DH feels like we're escorts or babysitters basically holding up a "He's safe" sign. lol Whats he gonna do when the kids grow up or I don't wanna go? Keep getting dogs to tak on walks I guess lol. If it was me, no one would be scared of me, yet I'm just as capable of committing an act of violence as a man is. Sad double standard we have

Even found riding his bike alone is better than walking. No one is concerned about a biker. I'd be more worried about the guy sneaking around or walking around slowly. Someone you didn't know. But we've been here for a decade. He alweays walk in plain site in jogging clothes. 

And yes, women do go to prison for comitting crimes, they are there for a reason. Maybe not rape, but they can kidnap, steal, rob, and kill like anyone else can. Some of the best cons are females, because they can put on the charm and fool people into thinknig they are these sweet things.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 10:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think it is the way we are taught. Personally I am leery of any man who is alone or even with a dog btw. But if he is with children or a woman, it's the "there is a nice family" vibe and the danger alarms aren't going off. Basically, if he has kids, he's not going to kidnap me or slice my throat right there. If he's by himself....well the possibility is there and it's much higher. It's the whole stranger danger thing.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• When a man accompanies a child or pet, he assumes the role of the caretaker: supportive, protective, Superman !
    This is why people are more friendly with them.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Female serial killers are very rare, the majority of child molesters you see on the news are male, you never hear of anybody being raped by a woman....sad but true!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2011