I am 4 1/2 months pregnant and everytime I have sex it hurts why is that???? adult content

I did not have this problem my last pregnancy, and my pap smear came back negative so what is going on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be that you are having more dryness with this pregnancy. Try a lube.

It could also be that they baby is sitting in a different spot making it uncomfortable.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Have you talked to your doctor? If not, I would call your doctor's office - mine were always really good at calling back to answer any questions I had.
    gratefulmom913

Answer by gratefulmom913 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My whole pregnancy it hurt to have sex. My Dr. said something about your cervix swelling when you're prego. was just tender down there also and I never had any infections or anything when I was prego.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I agree with Jademom, the baby could be sitting forward over your bladder more and your man could be "hitting" that area just right that causes the pain. I would try another position that doesn't put the baby in jeopardy or make you need to stretch but provides you with comfort. The suggestion of lubrication is also good because pregnancy can change your fluid levels and make it a little dry down there.
    liltxtornado

Answer by liltxtornado at 11:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i have been having problems with sex with my husband since 17 weeks and now that we have known the gender for a few weeks its weird to have sex now so im 21 weeks and no more sex hmmm sucks for him but when i was early on it hurt some times so its normal id say
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 4:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It could be dryness or swollen cervix.
    Try different positions to make it more pleasant for you: Doggie Style is good, or variations where he's at your back.
    Avoid positions where you lift your legs, cause then he has a "better access", and it hurts.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011