Would you say that I was UN datable adult content

well, i took the chance and signed up on dating internet site
have not meet anyoneinperson, taking it very slow
was writing back and forth with a man who seemed very descent, we talked about our children, i told him about mine who has autism - not a blink
he never brought up things that made me feel comfortable, never once made me feel rushed to meet in person etc etc=good guy all around
then....
he asked about my child's father...well, i told him the truth, why i left,
his response...sounds scary, and too much for him to handle

i am not dating material because my ex decided to come out of a transexual loving closet

should i just decide to stay single forever

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Actually it says more about the man you were thinking of dating than it says about you. Your ex's experience has nothing to do with you as a woman. A decent guy would know this. When I met my now husband, I told him in the first 10 minutes during our first date 4 years ago that my ex of 15 years was a woman! I had been in a lesbian relationship for 15 years. I wanted him to know right off because if it wasn't OK with him, we could gracefully walk away from me. But he stayed and was perfectly fine with it!!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Youre not undatable. I would just not share why you left until you got very serious. That isnt anyones business. All you have to say is that you had problems and didnt see things eye to eye, which wouldnt be a lie.

Answer by gemgem at 10:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Sounds like the guy is using it as an excuse. Your ex's relationship preferences don't affect the people you date at all. I say keep searching. You'll find someone.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No, you are not undatable, to me it shows that you have a strong sense of dedication to put up with your ex as much as you did.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• no, not if you truly want a mate. sounds like this guy was a pure puss, and upon learning your truth, he couldn't come out of his ignorance-closet.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Keep on trying! There are thousands of men out there who are decent, you just have to go through the thousand that aren't decent sometimes..
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• AWWW! no.... People dont need to know that stuff until you are more then just chatting when they actually have a real connection with you . You know? Besides what a jerk for dropping you like that.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Don't give up. I'm in the exact same boat you are honey. There is someone out there who is right for us.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nope, you are not undatable. You just haven't found a guy that can deal with your ex.

Maybe this guy was intimidated about the complications your ex could present. It made him feel uncomfortable. Keep looking, you will find a guy that's right for you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• he was first man i told, and i feel like i am dirty and gross now to be rejected because of what happened

how will men take this info? (ask your men if you can)
    will men think i am damaged?, maybe think i can not heal from this?, maybe think i am less of a woman because of this? maybe think i am unable to please a man? please ask your man if he is around, what goes through a man's mind when hearing this

he was more then caring then we 'talked' about my child with delays, but i bring up what my ex was like when he came out of his secret closet life... and the new 'descent' man wants no more contact with me

suggestions? i feel like damaged goods
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2011