My husband smells!!! Help I don't know what to do.

First off I was a smoker before I was pregnant so I'm unsure as to why it bothers me so much now. I can not stand the way my husband smells. He can't even be in the same room as me if he just smoked. I really feel like this is effecting our sex life as his breathe smells and I don't want to kiss him. Even our day to day life is effected since I can't stand in the same room as him. I've asked him to quite but I'm boarder line being a nag and I know thats not going to work. Any help?

Janette A.

Asked by Janette A. at 10:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was the same with my SO, but it was his beer breath. It could be 3-4 hrs after he drank a beer and I could STILL smell it. It made me so sick! Especially if we were in the car....ugh... makes me sick just thinking about it!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Your sense of smells heightens during pregnancy. Blame it on hormones.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• make em chew gum maybe that will help
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• febreeze him when he walks in perhaps? Just make sure the febreeze doesn't make u sick either
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Tell him to quit smoking for the babies health and his breath will slowly get better. Second hand smoke kills as well, but I'm sure you know that.
    liltxtornado

Answer by liltxtornado at 10:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I know what you mean my older brother smokes & the smell bothers me sooo much (before pregnancy it didnt), so I love going over to visit my baby nephew but I hate the smell when my brother smokes & he knows that so he smokes far from me & then brushes his teeth & pops a gum or tic tac in his mouth lol, tell your hubby to do that maybe it will help, and like June Mama09 said febreeze his clothes when he comes in from a smoke lol. GL hun!
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my husband smells a lot too and I tell him all the time that he needs to take showers and brush his teeth his idea of brushing is 30 seconds and bam all done,its gross and I cant stand it.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Pregnancy hormones make you smell things you wouldn't ordinarily smell. Just be patient, explain this to your hb,
    and ask him in a nice & warm way to be a little patient.
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011