For those that have been to Disneyland/world

How old were ur kids? What do you think is a good age? My son is almost 2 and I was thinking around 5....

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Travel

• We went when DD was 5, it was perfect! Have fun and remember you are there for the kids so be flexible.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I took DD when she was 1 month shy of being 3. We had a blast. She just loved the characters, the rides, and swimming at the Disneyland Hotel. We also did some character meals, which I highly recommend. We want to go again when our DS is 3 and she is 7.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My DD was 3 when we took her. And we are going this April.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 10:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Mine were 3 and 4 and it was ok 5 and 6 would of been sooo much better and enjoyable.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I first went when I was in 3rd grade. I was 8, my sister was 6 and our youngest sister was 3. She doesn't remember muchat all. We took sd when she was 3, she enjoyed it but there was a lot she couldn't do. Check out height requirements for rides you want to go on, its a good idea to go when he reaches that height so there is less disapointment.
    I agree with you, I think 5 is a perfect age.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We've been several times and my 2 year old absolutely loves it. She is always singing "Small World" and listing all of the rides that she wants to go on when we go again.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My parents took me when I was 3 and I don't remember a thing. But my brother was 8 and he remembers just about everything and definately had more fun except having to chill with me in the stroller. I went again at 22 and had a blasty blast. Small world was my favorite! I am a kid at heart but I don't have kids yet. I would definately say take the kids when they can understand whats going on but also be careful that they don't get overwhlemed with the huge characters. Some kids are afraid of that stuff and then you have a huge meltdown.
    liltxtornado

Answer by liltxtornado at 11:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would NOT do it before the age of 5.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I'm waiting for my youngest to reach 40 inches, that is when they could ride most of the rides.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• The first time we took the kids the youngest was 2.5, the others were 7 & 9. They had a great time. The little one's favorite thing was Pirates of the Caribbean. Then again, he is fearless, as is the middle child. We went again 2 years later, this time for 3 days. They had a wonderful time but were ready to go on to our next destination (LA) by the middle of the 3rd day. We are probably due again this summer, the youngest is now 6 and tall enough to do just about everything he wants to do. The funny thing is that I sit out the "scary" stuff with my oldest, not the baby.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011