when should i?

At how many months should I pack my bags to go to the hospital?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 8 1/2 I'D SAY BUT REALLY WHENEVER. IM 31 WEEKS BUT HAVENT YET CUZ I ONLY HAVE A FEW CLOTHES I FIT RIGHT NOW SO I NEED THEM ALL. BUT IMA PACK AROUND 34 WEEKS PROBABLY.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i packed at 34 wks b/c I knew too mnay ppl at the time who went into labor at 36wks, but i went over to 42 wks and was induced
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 2:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• ummm ide say I was ready at 38 weeks... but the baby didnt come until the doctor induced me at 41 weeks.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 2:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you're having any pre-term labor concerns, pack it early. I started making a list of all of the things I wanted right away so I had all of my decisions made (clothing, etc), then threw it in a bag around eight months...though I started carrying some laboring gear around six months, since I'd been having early contractions.

If there are things you still need on a daily basis that you don't want to keep in a bag, make a list of those things and leave it on top of you bag. Then, when you're frantically trying to leave for the hospital, you won't have to try to remember everything and forget stuff you want. Good luck!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008