4 months shots?

My son's 4 month shots are tomarrow. I was just wondering how they react at this age. I know the 2 months shots, he cried and had a fever for a couple of days. Is he gonna cry alot again and get a fever or is it different for 4 months?

DanielleStover1

Asked by DanielleStover1 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well normaly how they react the first time is how they will react for the 4 and 6 month shots, because they are getting the same exact shots as the 2 month shots, just in a slightly bigger dose than the last. so yeah, get the tylonal ready.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• That depends entirely on your baby. When my guy had his two-month shots, he cried as he was getting them, then stopped as soon as I picked him up and snuggled him. We spent the day snuggled up on my bed. He was a little extra sleepy, but not crabby at all. I got off easy, apparently!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my daughter did slightly better at 4 mos than at 2 mos, but then at her 6 month shots she did worse. Basically, getting shots sucks. Give your son tylenol before you go and make sure to give him lots of loves afterwards. I think as they get older and more aware, their crying becomes more about hurt feelings than actually being phyisically hurt.
    shortcake92585

Answer by shortcake92585 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My son did better at his 2 month shots than his 4 month ones. He was so mad he complained until we left the office. Ended up having a fever the next day. Hate how shots screw up nap and eating times.......
    Anonymous

• I almost died when my son got his 4 month shots....my DH went to the appt for the first time so I turned around, plugged my ears and shut my eyes and the next thing I knew I heard the nurse saying "awww what a brave boy you are" and I turned around and he was allllllll done and didnt even cry. how unfair that I took him to all his prev. appts and he cried everytime. lol 5 month shots [if your doc does them] are worse...
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2008