Is it dangerous to milk your boobs at 39 weeks to induce labour?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no you are full term
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 11:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Milking your boobs will not make you go into labor. I squeeze my boobs all the time to make the pain of all the milk in them to go away all it will do is make you leak not go into labor. So squeeze them all you want but it won't do anything for labor.
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nipple stimulation in itself has been known to release the hormone that can help start labor but expressing milk does not.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• This is probably a good thing. You should toughen up your nipples for breast feeding and a little stimulation can jumpstart your contractions. BUT make sure to ask your doctor before all this to make sure that you are at a point that he wants you to be at. You don't want to go delivering a baby on you bathroom floor cause you did too much.
    liltxtornado

Answer by liltxtornado at 11:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think the only thing you need to worry about is that breast milk changes shortly after the baby is born, I can't remember what it is that is really important the first couple of days, so I don't know if tricking your body would do any damage after the baby is here,, happy birthing!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• While not dangerous it also is not going to be very effective. Nipple stimulation not expressing milk might help, but generally it is only something women use to speed labor that has already started not to start labor.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No, it won't cause harm, but it won't trigger labor either.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes.

Nipple stimulation can induce labor but is risky.

If you have a normal, healthy pregnancy then it is safer to avoid this.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011