Has anyone use OTC teeth whitening? What works?

I want to whiten my teeth. I quit smoking a year ago and have started taking better care of my teeth but they are still stained. I do drink tea and soda so maybe that doesnt help but I brush twice a day and floss and use mouthwash. Anyway, i want to use a whitener and can't afford to pay the dentist to do it. What have you tried? What works? Side effects?

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 11:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• cheapest thing to use that works: baking soda. put a small amount in a bowl with a little water to get a paste like consistency and brush. tastes bad, and you are going to want to brush regularly after, but it works.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I've had it professionally done twice and have used OTC products. I'm not impressed with either. My teeth are not bad at all, I just wanted to brighten them up a bit but have not been able to find a product or procedure to my liking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Good for you for quitting smoking!! I quit 2 months ago. ANyway, I know people who have tried Crest Whitestrips and been happy with the result. A friend recently had Zoom Whitening and regretted it. Said the result was good, but her teeth hurt.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Crest white strips and their 3D toothpaste work wonderfully for me.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• crest 3d whitestrips and the toothpaste , <3 it!
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011