Home remedies for morning sickness?

Actually, all day sickness. Tried the crackers and smaller meals, even the B12, but still having problems keeping things down.

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 11:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Preggie Pops (guess that's not a home remedy). Popsicles and watermelon worked for me.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:19 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Have you tried the Preggie Pops? A good friend of mine said those worked amazing!
    IzysMomma

Answer by IzysMomma at 11:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Might try chewing gum or hard candy. What would work for me was fruit cups. But if really sick you might want to get checked out. I did not realize I was sick till went to doctor about keeping things down and had something but can not think of the name and had to be put in the hospital with an iv for medicine to keep things down. So if nothing works try to get seen just to be sure normal sick or not.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Try some weak peppermint or ginger tea. Both are supposed to help calm the stomach. Unfortunately, nothing worked for me. I tried saltine crackers, teas, ginger ale, hard candy - you name it!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I will vote for the peppermint tea!!! And lots of rest and water. Cuz there's nothing worse than hurling on an empty stomach....
    Until then xoxo and feel better!
    AnaFrescura

Answer by AnaFrescura at 12:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I always had it bad. When you wake up in the morning make sure you have crackers at the bedside. Eat 4-5 and then wait 15 minutes to get up. The crackers will absorb any stomach acid from over night. If I could wake up without being sick usually my all day sickness was a little better.
    Ginger root tea also works. Pick up fresh ginger root at the store and then cut into thin slices and dip into hot water like you would tea. Doesnt taste great but use some honey and lemon and itll be fine. Gingerale also helps a lot. Sugar free suckers also help.

Answer by gemgem at 1:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• apple juice & saltier snacks, gingerale
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had to eat non stop... as long as I had food in my stomach I wasn't nauseous. Good luck... it "should" get better after the firt trimester ( I hope)!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2011