I have "scar tissue" by my cartalidge piercing in my upper ear..

do any of you know how fast the scar tissue heals when u do sea salt soaks every day?
have you ever used chamomile bags to help with it?
ah
i should never have gotten this pierced....

spitfire06

Asked by spitfire06 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• Wow, I've not heard of this. I have a cartilage piercing and have never had any issue. Here's a bump.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• What does it look like? There are different types of scarring, some can be treated and some can't.

Have a look on BMEzine to see what type it is. The healing time is so personal, it's arbitraty.

When did you have it done?
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 11:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You may end up having to have a plastic surgeon look at it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Hmmm...I pierced my ear on the left side in college (so I have 3 holes on the left) and I still have a little residual cartiledge that I can feel. Sometimes if my ear hurts I have to put that earing in first and work my way down as the cartiledge is still there and will move around...a little. I have always used rubbing alcohol to clean it or calm it down if my ear is red. Sea Salts and Chamomile actually sound much more pleasant. Hope that helps... :-)
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i went to a tat shop and they said to sea salt soak it, and they wouldnt remove the jewlery lol. its nothing major i had it done december16th
    spitfire06

Comment by spitfire06 (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2011