In what sports and activities are your kids involved?

Is it a school team or a private agency?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 11:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Music, tennis, cheerleading, football, soccer, karate, volleyball.

Some are through school; some are not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We don't do sports, but our kids are active in Girl Scouts and community theater.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My 3 year old is into roller hockey and baseball
    My 5 year old is into baseball, football, and wants to be a hockey ref. :)
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My oldest son is turning 4 next month and I am considering getting him into T-ball. It would be through our local recreation center.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 11:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my dd wants to take karate, they offer it at the school she'll be starting in august, i'll enroll her then lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My DD is in town soccer, my DS will also start town soccer and hockey in the fall - they are 4 and 6. They won't be old enough to participate in school sponsored sports until they get into High school.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My 9 and 11 yo's play Upward basketball, my dd has done cheerleading in the past with them. My 11 yo is in the chess club at his school, and they've been doing Odyssey of the Mind every year through their school. My 11 yo is also on the First In Fitness team at his school and trains 3 mornings/week (his event is pullups). My 9 yo is in the chorus at her school and they perform occasionally at the local mall, etc.

Answer by missanc at 12:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My DD's cheer, basketball, T-ball, soccer and it is for all the youth in the area who are at least 4. we are looking into gymnastics now so I'm not sure how many of them will want to do that as of yet!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 1:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My 3 yr old son is absolutely in love with basketball. :) My husband and I bought him a basketball goal for his birthday and he plays with it more than any of the other 100 toys he has in his room. I love that he found a sport he loves so much. :)
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 1:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My oldest son is involved in wrestling (both with HS and the NE Dual Team), Legion Baseball, HS Track, HS Football
    My youngest is involved in EVW Youth Football, County Baseball, club wrestling. He plans to include basketball next year as well.

Both boys started wrestling at 4, and football at 8.

My oldest son is also involved in Swing Choir, Academic Decatholon, Speech & Poetry Team, and Debate

My youngest son is also in band.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011