Did you ever see or hear your parents fight when you were little?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• All the time and it messed me up! They should of gotten a divorce or something. After two years being out- I'm good. But it still screwed me up as a kid.
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 2:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I did, thats why I don't think it's good when people stay together for the kids.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes alllllllllllll the time........ Not good.... I feel it is ok to disagree infront of your children, but not to scream at eachother.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• all the time. thats why my husband and I do not fight with the kids around. It made me know that i was not going to do that to my kids.
    makeupmom2

Answer by makeupmom2 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My parents use to throw stuff at each other and I even saw my dad try to strangle my mom. Her face was blue! He let go when he saw me watching!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes& they divorced but still tryed 2 come 2gter 4 me & my bros. I remember 1 time wen I was 9 or so; my 2 lil bros and I were in the living room & I could hear my parents fighting out in the kitchen (this was AFTER divorce btw). I I went in & draged a chair in between them, stood on it & YELLED @ them 2 stop. Thats the only time I can rly remember most clearly but that was def NOT THE1st TIME. My mom told me she heared her parents fight 2 and WISHED theyd divorce (it was agianst their religion). I agree that hearing parents fight def has a bad lasting affect on the kid. Thats y on the rare occassion DH and I do get in a fight we make sure we are in our room with the door locked, we try to be make sure the kids cant hear, I nvr want them to ever have 2 go through that.

xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• never...they would make a pot of coffee and head back to their bedroom. they are still happily married today at 39 years!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes, all the time, it was like a living hell.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 2:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yup....but we took it in stride...kinda like the family on Everybody Loves Raymond.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes & I hated it I wanted so bad for my dad to leave my mom...she acted so childish (dad's been dead 3yrs wariniraq) he told me when I was 14 he wouldn't leave her because of me & I think even then he wouldn't have left her she was too much of child....he knew she couldn't do it alone...so now my husband and I pick up her up each time she falls....19 now....life sucks I know my hubby n I will fight in front of our kids I just hope we can do it maturaly lol and not throw things like my mom threw herself on the floor cry @ everything n slam doors..no what sucks is when you have to grow up @ 11 learning to deal with your mom learning to be adult....and letting her be the child
    Anonymous