If you do home daycare, did you tell your homeowner's insurance issuer and how much extra did you pay for insurance?

I'm only taking care of one child and that is all I plan to do right now. It is 4 days per week and about 7 hrs per day. I think I need to tell my insurance company but I was wondering what your experiences have been, if you told the insurance company and how much more and how many children are you taking care of. Also, if you know if they charge more depending on how many kids you take in. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Money & Work

• Most home owners policies cover childcare for less than 6 children. It would be listed under your liability coverage/personal injury...etc
    Anonymous

• I did daycare for 9 years and never told my insurance. Anytime you tell your insurance anything your rate goes up or they can cancel you and blackball you. I work from home now but not in daycare. Mostly because my mother kept telling me that someone could get hurt and yes, they would sue me. The insurance wouldn't cover that.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 9:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2008