Quick fix to sleep better

I have been sleeping like crap lately. My neck aches, lower back hurts... But I am very active during the day so my body is tired. I just can't get comfortable.

I know Quick fixes are a myth but does anyone have some easy ways to help me sleep better? A new mattres is not in the budget or I would be online buying one instead of asking for help. lol

pioneergirl10

Asked by pioneergirl10 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• Yea, nothing is a quick fix. You could look into Melatonin capsules, at a local health store, because it might help you fall asleep and stay asleep, without being addictive or synthetic.

Hot tea and local honey before bed.

Tiger Balm or Icy Hot patches on achy areas.
    BeanIrene1

Answer by BeanIrene1 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• try to go to bed early and read or watch tv to relax before bed time. Avoid caffiine also before bed and eating right before bed. If sore muscles try bengay to relax. a nice hot shower might help as well.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Stretch before going to sleep. I sometimes have to take ibuprofen before bed when I toss and turn.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Melatonin and lavender oil.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• There's no quick fix. But do something relaxing before going to bed. Read a book, listen to quiet music, something to help you wind down and relax and get your mind to calm down.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• For the body aches I would go with some Advil or Aleve. Alve has worked for me. I am sore all over when I go to bed too. Melatonin always made me feel tired the next day. I usually give myself atleast an hour to wind down at night. I turn down the lights, and pop in a movie, or a TV show I can wind down to. A glass of wine also has helped me in the past.

Answer by gemgem at 11:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2011