What do aperature, shutter speed, and exposure mean for digital photography?

I got a new digital camera with good features and would like to play with taking my kids pictures and scenery photographs but I'm not sure what they mean and what they do.

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 11:17 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Aperture is the size of the opening in the lens (remember the smaller the number the bigger the hole and the less the depth of field will be). Shutter is how fast the picture is taken. For fast actions you will want a faster shutter speed (i.e. 500-2000) Exposure is the end result of the combination of these two things in addition to the ISO setting (what used to be film speed).

If you have any questions you can always message me. But here is a fun and easy to follow site I found.

http://www.photographyforbeginners.net/camera-functions/shutterspeed-aperture

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 11:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Not a clue, I get a buy a camera when I need one and throw it away when I'm done.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I Suggest you to try some shoots. changing this opcions and learning how to get the best frame photo at night, at day, indoor because each feature depends on the event. You have to discover whats the best setting of your camara in each time...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:21 PM on Feb. 28, 2011