My ex boyfriend from 20 years ago still thinks about me?

It was weird he contacted me this weekend and we have chatted a couple times in recent years but prior to that it has been years. Well he contacted me this weekend, sought me out on my email. He got my email from FB. He sent me a message and we emailed back and forth a couple times and then got on chat and chatted for a bit. He told me things about when we dated, remembering what I wore and stuff like that (stuff I did not remember). I was amazed by this and a little taken a back. I never thought he still felt something for me that he would remember that sort of stuff and maybe he is just really observant. He asked what I was wearing and I joked that it was nothing special as I spend the day with kids, so no need to get gussied up for mom-mode. Then he tells me that I still look hot and he has checked out my pics on FB. Could he be holding on to something for me, or just being a man? He says he just wants to chat, but I wonder?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Not necessarily just a b-b-booty call. I am now with the love of my life. We were each other's 1st crush & each other's 1st kiss. Although we went through school & graduated together, circumstances & life in general took us in separate directions. We each went through abusive marriages. After 27 yrs apart, we reuinited & discovered the spark was still there & the chemistry too strong to ignore. I was already out of my abusive marriage. His wife had just filed for divorce as she had been cheating with someone else for the prior 2 yrs. But, when one door closes, another one opens. We walked through that door & have been happily together ever since. I'm not saying that if you're married, this should happen. I am a firm believer in the sanctity of marriage. I'm just saying that it isn't necessarily "just a booty call". His feelings may be VERY real. If you're married, let him know. If not, get reacquainted. You just never know.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• All I know is, my ex husband still thinks about me even though we haven't been together since 2005. We’ve known each other for 25 years, though, and were married for 13 of them, so yeah, I can see why your bf of 20 years might still be carrying a torch.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• B-b-b-bootie call!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• sounds like the jeark who tried to get back with my mother after 30 something years, i think he's facinated by the "idea" of being with you..are you married? if so ignore him, it's just going to make you re-think your marriage and bring up old feelings that should have been forgotten a LONG time ago
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Are you married? I would run for the hillls if so! If he is single and you are, maybe give it a second try? I have had several old boyfriends look me up, most were married, and wanted something on the side,, ugggg!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yeah I wouldn't take that too serious. Keep in mind most times when you miss someone you miss the person you thought they could be and vise versa. An ex is an ex and it's best you don't revisit it. This is how we repeat mistakes and heart ache over and over. Look to the future hon, best wishes.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I get that a lot from guys from my high school. I don't take it seriously.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If you are single and interested, then see where this goes. But first remember why he is your ex? if those issues are still not resolved then there is no need to go through the pain of it again.
    Azita888

Answer by Azita888 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• He is my ex because we were 16 at the time. Other than that I am not really looking to go back, but damn it is nice to feel wanted and that someone still thinks you got it 20 years and 3 kids later, and that they remember so vividly their past with you. I think it is inspiring to knowyou made an impact.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Haha same thing happened to my hubby but with a girl form 2 years ago!! she has to let it go we're married with a child and she still had to HEAR it from him that he didnt love her when she could clearly SEE!!!!
    Tania4609

Answer by Tania4609 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011