How do you deal with rude people?

I work as anassistant and I called a client saying they needed to turn in some things and said thank you goodbye and hung up. well a couple of minutes later the woman i called before calls back saying did you mean to hang up on me? I said excuse me? she said I was rude and hung up on her which I did not. She went on to say that she was scared of me and didn't want to talk through me anymore and that she was going to file a complaint about me. Everyone I talk to I am polite to and try to help them as best as I possibly can and this woman sounds nuts. I would never hang up on someone and be rude to them. I really don't know what is going on with this woman. anyways... how shall I handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Some people are like that, and since your boss seems to be well aware of her (and her theatrics) I would just let it go and not let her comments bother you.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Tell your boss what happened before she gets the chance to call in her crazy complaint

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I'd talk with my supervisor and let him/her know what's up to cover your behind

Answer by admckenzie at 11:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• idk I'd just ignore her
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• thanks for the comments. I did tell my boss and he said, "yeah she's a real fruit bat." lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2011