• In the Spotlight:

KINDA LONG.... WHATS THE PROBABILITY OF ME GOING IONTO LABOR EARLY

Ok so my first was 3 weeks early, I had to be induced because there wasnt enough amniotic fluid and she wasnt growing,and with my twins were 7 weeks early, i was just wondering if maybe my weight or whatever had anything to do with it,I was real small before I got preg. I was told that since I was real small framed and such, that i might not be able to carry full term ...ever, and that kinda sucks,anyway if any one knows anything,thanx.

4four

Asked by 4four at 2:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Being underweight does put you at risk for pre-term labor....but I was five days late and had a 9+ pound baby, and I started out pretty tiny, too!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• With my first 2 pregnancies I started out at 92 lbs and went all the way up to 145lbs and delivered at 36 weeks. With my 3rd I gained 12 lbs and went to 37 weeks. Oh and I started at 92 lbs with my 3rd as well.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well, I'm not a doctor, but your first was induced and your second was twins(twins tend to go early), so unless your doc has a real reason, I don't see why you couldn't go full term. I'm kinda small(5'2" and about 110lbs) and my first was born at 38 weeks but my second was late(I had my water broken a few days past my due date) and I had her vaginally, no drugs in 3 hours and she was 9lbs!! I don't know, but I didn't ever think I'd have a 9lb baby, but I did and if we didn't break my water, she might have gotten even bigger and went ever longer!
    Anyway, my point is, you never know!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2008