Preeclampsia without high blood pressure?

I will be 29 weeks tomorrow and for the last few weeks I have been having this increasingly bad pain right under my upper right ribs. Right in front of my stomach (where the ribs begin to part) seems a bit swollen. I have been racking this up to my uterus growing and pushing everything above it out of the way. But could this pain be an indicator of PE?

My blood pressure is great, midwife takes a urine sample at every appointment and never says anything about protein being in it, I don't have any other swelling, headaches or symptoms.

My next appointment is next Friday but I'm wondering if I should call before then.

meandrphoto

Asked by meandrphoto at 11:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had PE during my pregnancy, and I never felt that under rib pain. It's probably just the baby. If you don't have protein in your urine or high blood pressure, I doubt that you have that.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You have to have lots of protien in your pee to get them to think that i still have prortien in my stuff but no high blood presser
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Upper abdominal pain is one of the possible symptoms of pre-e.

Defintitely call your dr if it becomes worse.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2011