When you visit family, do you stay in their house or in a motel? Or does it depend on who you are visiting?

I would love to just get a room but we don't for different reasons. When we go to visit my DH's family we are expected to stay in their house. It should be big enough but somehow it is not. I guess both the layout of the house and the fact that as much of the family that is anywhere nearby all comes so there are a lot of people in the house and it becomes a small place. When we go to visit my family, we used to stay in a motel but that has become too expensive so we stay at their house. It is a small house but we get more time with them so it's worth it.

wildflowers25

Asked by wildflowers25 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Travel

• It used to depend on who we were visiting, but now we always rent a cabin, or stay in a hotel, and if the weather is nice we might camp.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It depends on who we're staying with and how much room they have. DH doesn't want to stay with one relative because their kids are wild, so we get a hotel. Most of the others, we stay with. My son has a tiny place, so we stay at a hotel. We just do whatever makes sense.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• when we visit family it is usally at their house.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If we are visiting family we stay with famliy but sometimes we split the visit (i.e. I have an aunt that lives in Florida and we stay with her for part of the visit and the other part at Disney World).
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think it depends who you visit
    Dulce1023

Answer by Dulce1023 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• When hubs and I were dating and 1st married we would go down to his sisters quite often for the weekends. We usually stayed with them as they had 1 spare bedroom. After we had kids her house just did not have enough room for us and our kids, plus her house was not the cleanest. So it was just easier and less hassle for us to stay at a hotel.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Well, if We're visiting Family at their house, We of course stay with them. But if We're meeting up with them where they traveled, like We did with Mom and Dad (my Husband's Parents) last year and this year, We get a hotel, of course.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It just depends, I usually don't need to travel far, most of my family lives close but Dh's sister that does live off ,we stay with her when we visit.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• honestly it depends on who we are visiting and why
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ~*Depends*~... personally I prefer to stay seperately, this way I can stay up watching TV, sleep in, and be FREE to do what I want when I want! But I have some relatives that are awesome and I don't mind staying there
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 23, 2011