Is not going to the gym every day okay?

Because honestly, it gets boring, esp every day. I'd rather bike on day, take a brisk walk or hike another, and then go to the gym and do the treadmill and weights on the 3rd days.

Is that ok for maintaining cuz the gym is just boring if that all you got cuz of the cold weather.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 11:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• Do you go to Planet Fitness??!!! I do - it's just a sea of treadmills and ellipticals!! It can be boring and ours is filled with people who have no "gym ettiquette" at all. But, to answer your question, no - you do not need to go to the gym every day. Break it up a little. As long as you are doing "something", it's better than nothing!
    5BabyBees

Answer by 5BabyBees at 12:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If you're bored maybe try some classes....kickboxing, pilates, body sculpting...whatever. Breaks up the monotony

Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I don't go to the gym at all. I actually do video work outs in my living room, use my total gym, walk, or hike. I refuse to pay for a membership for something I can do myself.
    Nicki8205

Answer by Nicki8205 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think you don't have a problem... The question is quite silly, sounds more like you want to receive praises for sticking to the budget! So, congrats, you are doing great!
    Gyms are more for people who enjoy the group classes, or like me, just to fight traffic and get to the office on time, since my gym is one floor up from where I work, and my commute is more than 30 miles!

Keep it up! That's what I used to to when children were little.... Since I didn't work!
    AnaFrescura

Answer by AnaFrescura at 11:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I sure hope so LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Thats not too bad. I'm used to paying triple that if I wanted to go to the gym. Don't feel guilty for wanting to change it up. If you do the same thing everyday, you will eventually get bored. Is there any other moms in the area that might want to join ya, even if its 3-4 times a week insead of every day?
    Nicki8205

Answer by Nicki8205 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011